INSPIRE CHANGE- Webinar
June 24, 2020
A Virtual Round table Discussion
- Discussion of a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. "Wait" has almost always meant "Never" - Justice too long delayed is justice denied"
- Discussing the Checklist of Unwritten Rules- were you told by your father and have you or will you tell this to your sons
- Don't put your hands in your packets when walking in the streets
- If you get pulled over by the police, put your hands on the dashboard; wait for the officer to approach and ask for your ID then ask if you may get your license and registration from_____ (the dashboard, your wallet, your shirt, etc.) Stay calm, speak quietly.
- Never leave the house without your ID.
- Don't drive with a wifebeater or du-rag on.
- Don't ride with the music too loud.
- Don't put your hoodie on when you're by yourself.
- Never make it look like there is an altercation between you and someone else
- Don't stare too long at a white woman.
- Check in with your parents even if you're just down the street in your neighborhood.
- Don't touch anything you're not buying.
- Never leave the store without a receipt or a bag
- What do you hope happens now in this country?