BREAK The ICE - Webinar
June 22, 2020
Getting to know Mr. Robinson. Alexander Robinson will share a brief piece of his history and experiences with us.
- Personal History - who are you, your experiences such as the loss of your mother; foster care; finding your place in society
- When/How did you become aware of the difference in racial treatment?
- Were you were treated differently by the white students in your class?
- Did you ever get exposed to "I'm white; you're not" from someone white?
- What is your perspective on white privilege?
- Racial Profiling - has this happened to you - by teachers; by police; during your service in the Army
- What message did your family share with you about racism?
- How do you manage your feelings and emotions regarding bigotry and prejudice?
- What do you want parents to know about helping their child/sons understand what is happening in the USA today?
- What have you told your sons?