The week's events
- - Trauma Informed Care of Children in Foster Care - Webinar
Trauma Informed Care of Children in Foster Care - Webinar
This course will provide participants with foundational knowledge about child trauma and child traumatic stress. Three types of child trauma are defined. The course focuses on the impact of complex trauma on behavior and development, and helps participants identify strategies for working with children who have experienced trauma.
- - Education 102: Stop the Bullying - Webinar
Education 102: Stop the Bullying - Webinar
Caregivers will learn the following:
1. To gain an understanding of what bullying is/isn't
2. Learn specific steps schools can take to support students who have bullied a peer as well as targets of bullying behavior
3. Learn strategies parents can use at home to intervene and support children who have bullied as well as children who are targets of bullying behavior
- - The Use of Shaming Children for Misbehaving
The Use of Shaming Children for Misbehaving
Can shaming be used as an effective punishment? Some research shows that shaming can have long lasting negative effects on ones well being, lets explore some reasons why shaming your kid does not work. Parents will learn in this 1-hour interactive workshop how to influence your kids behavior.